DigitalFish has an immediate need for a highly motivated Software Engineer with solid experience creating apps with visually rich user interfaces on the Android platform.
With DigitalFish, you'll be part of a team of passionate creators working to lead the future of design, entertainment, and play in Augmented Reality (AR).
DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Facebook, Apple, Google, Pixar, DreamWorks, Activision, LEGO, Disney/ESPN, NASA, and many others.
Ideal candidates will have 4-6 years relevant work experience, but if you think you're right for this position, contact us; we'll listen.
- Develop Android applications offering a new class of social-entertainment experiences on current- and next-generation AR devices
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams including graphics and machine-learning engineers, artists, animators, storytellers and game designers
- Develop highly efficient user-interface and runtime components on top of native Android API’s, supporting 3D-graphics and computer-vision layers in a realtime engine
- Be a pillar for maintaining high code quality and excellent development processes, supporting developers around you to constantly improve in doing the same
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables while aligning with other team members and project management in a fast paced, Agile environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Minimum 3 years professional development experience on the Android mobile platform
- Experience developing and shipping dynamic mobile applications with rich user interfaces
- Solid dev experience across multiple versions of the Android SDK
- Broad awareness of the open-source Android ecosystem and available libraries
- Excellent general programming skills, especially OOP and patterns
- Working familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
- Team player with great verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
You will begin working virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions, possibly transitioning late this year to work in Burlingame, with free transportation available from much of the Bay Area.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact us. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!